Dental Crowns – Manasquan, NJ
Repair Damaged Teeth and Preserve Your Smile
When a tooth is severely damaged, your only options are to either repair it or remove it altogether. Since missing teeth come with their own slew of oral health problems, our dentists here at Shore Points General and Implant Dentistry always choose to heal your natural tooth whenever possible. One easy way we can repair damaged teeth and preserve your smile is with dental crowns in Manasquan. If you think your smile and oral health could benefit from one of these beautiful, custom-made restorations, give us a call today!
Why Choose Shore Points General & Implant Dentistry for Dental Crowns?
- Custom-Made Solutions for Each Patient
- Natural-Looking Restorations Designed to Last
- Convenient Hours That Work for Every Schedule
What Are Dental Crowns?
A dental crown is a restorative treatment that’s also sometimes called a “cap.” Crowns fit snugly over a tooth to restore its structure and function as well as its appearance. While crowns in the past could be made of metals like gold or silver, today’s crowns are typically composed of dental porcelain. This material is widely used for its uncanny ability to mimic natural tooth enamel, even down to the way light reflects off its surface. For this reason, onlookers shouldn’t even be able to tell your crown is not your “real” tooth!
Am I a Candidate for a Dental Crown?
We’ve found that dental crowns can be used to address many problems, such as:
- Covering a single dental implant
- Protecting a tooth that has been treated with root canal therapy
- Repairing a broken tooth in Manasquan
- Restoring a decayed tooth when a filling is not enough
- Protecting an already damaged tooth from further wear and tear
- Improving the appearance of a cosmetically imperfect tooth
The Process of Receiving a Dental Crown
After your initial consultation to determine that a dental crown is right for you, receiving the crown typically takes two appointments. During the first of these visits, we prepare your affected tooth by shaving off a very thin outer layer of enamel. This step ensures that your crown will fit within your smile and not noticeably bulge out. Once the tooth is sufficiently prepped, we take impressions of that area of your mouth and use it to create a mold, which is then sent to our dental lab. From there, skilled ceramists will begin crafting your restoration so that it fits your mouth perfectly. In the meantime, we’ll protect your tooth with a temporary crown. A few weeks later, you’ll return to our Manasquan office and we’ll replace your temporary with a permanent restoration, vastly improving your smile and oral health!
Benefits of Dental Crowns
In addition to healing your tooth and preventing the need for an extraction, dental crowns offer a multitude of benefits, including:
- Improved aesthetics. Each dental crown is custom-made to blend in with the rest of your smile.
- Strength. You’ll be able to enjoy chewing all your favorite crunchy foods with ease.
- Longevity. With proper care, your crown can last for years to come.